JJ Rhatigan & Company
JJ Rhatigan & Company
‘At JJ Rhatigan, we take a client-focused approach to innovation and the adoption of various modern methods of construction. Getting the right construction systems and technologies for every project is key to successful delivery.
First and foremost, we use BIM to enable every process. All core activities and workflows are being carried out digitally and within this BIM environment. And this ensures efficiency, precision, and unmatched quality in every project we undertake…’
Department of Education’s Design and Build Contractor Framework – Coláiste an Chláirín
• This building is designed to accommodate 1,000 students
• By leveraging the advantages of MMC, JJR reduced the estimated construction delivery time from 84 weeks to just 60 weeks.
• The system of choice for these projects is precast concrete as one of the most robust solutions
• The predictability of MMC for JJR goes beyond ensuring consistently high quality and precision, it gives us predictability of output levels for this and other schools in the framework
UCD Student Residences Phase 1
• Constructed on a live busy university in Dublin
• Both modular façade systems and pods, constructed off-site, were chosen on this project
• We installed precast stairs and terrace seating in the auditorium
• As well as precast stairs, precast hollowcore and slabs in the residential blocks
• Prefabricated glazing systems was used throughout the facility
• Glue laminated timber beams were utilised in the main atrium of the UCD Village building.
Primary Care Centres PPP Bundle
• From 1,500 m² to 5,000 m² gross floor area these PCCs provide accommodation for Primary Care Team services including General Practitioner (GP) services.
• Precast concrete was an essential component for the successful delivery
• Full tech-enabled clash detection and resolution before going to site reduced waste and ensured compliance with international standards across all 9 sites
National Forensic Mental Health Service Hospital in Portrane
• Totalling approximately 24,000 m2 of floor area
• Prefabricated Mechanical & Electrical elements were employed throughout the facility
• Along with extensive specialist precast concrete
• High quality manufacturing and experienced staff allowed work to extremely tight tolerances
• The project aimed for a BREEAM Very Good rating, however, design stage achieved an EXCELLENCE rating.
Carolyn House, London
• Bathroom pods, constructed off-site and modular façade systems and were employed on this design and build high-rise development
• In terms of health and safety we reduce our risk by reducing the number of trades working at height on site
• A prefabricated lightweight ‘Gebrik’ system was installed to reclad the entire building.
Phase 1 & Phase 2, Student Accommodation, Galway University
• Precast Super Structure and Bathroom pods, constructed off-site, were chosen on these projects
• These developments represent two of the largest capital projects delivered on the university campus and indeed recently in Galway city.
Become A Member Today
Join MMC Ireland today and become a part of the largest growing sector voice. Annual membership includes access to exclusive resources, events, working groups, and opportunities to shape the future of the construction industry.